Package-on-package (PoP) devices allow for significantly improved component density, but those
advances also increase the need for precise PCB rework and prototype development, performed
by a well-trained and experienced staff.
In the past few years, notable clients have trusted us with extremely challenging PoP projects,
and each time the bar is raised, we pass the test. We’ve tackled some of the most complex
devices ever developed in just the last few years, and we’ve clearly demonstrated our proficiency
at the cutting edge, building prototypes that … (sorry, we just can’t talk about those clients
or projects on our website … security clearances and confidentiality agreements … you
We have the equipment, experience and training to make sure that even the most complex PoP
devices are fabricated to your specifications.
- One of the primary challenges in executing PoP designs is the need for precise alignment.
We use the most advanced tools to ensure we meet the most stringent specifications,
including pitch as low as 0.4mm.
- Prototype development is one of our specialties. We develop long-term relationships with
designers who rely on our staff to take their concepts one step closer to reality. But we
don’t just build prototypes; we work with developers to improve manufacturability, source
components and develop a recipe that improves the product while minimizing costs.
- Reworking PoPs is one of the most challenging of all PCB operations. We thoroughly
examine each facet of an existing device, then build thermal profiles that minimize defects
caused by warping or expansion.
- We use X-ray inspection to catch and correct faults as quickly as possible, keeping fullscale
manufacturing costs down and making sure that the finished prototype achieves firstarticle
- We work with Focus Embedded, experts at PCB layout and design, to examine the wide
range of variables that make it possible to create dense, efficient PoP devices, manufacture
them in the most cost effective way, and move your project one step closer to completion.