Reballing BGAs seems simple on the surface. But smaller pitches and variable interstitial spaces
can make a simple reballing project far more difficult, and a quality result requires experienced
hands. Faults can be difficult to detect, and can severely limit the useful life of the finished
product, reducing reliability and device life. The more critical your BGAs, the more you need
trained, experienced professionals attending to every detail.
We excel at quality, and we can manage the largest quantity, but we’re also really, really fast.
When a new request for 300 reballed BGAs arrived via e-mail on a recent Friday morning, we
were able to have the full order shipped on Monday to meet the client’s Tuesday deadline — less
than two business days from the time we received the order. We maintain this level of capability
full time; we don’t have to scramble for temporary help.
- We reball every type of BGA, from large arrays with 2500 leads to fine-pitch and variablepitch
BGAs with interstitial spaces as low as 0.4mm.
- Removing BGAs from existing PCBs can stress components and diminish their useful life.
Our experienced technicians understand how to build the right thermal profile to minimize
stress to the BGA throughout the salvage operation and again when the reballed BGA is
mounted on a new pad.
- eTech’s proprietary BGA sphere placement system can be customized quickly, ensuring
proper package and sphere tolerances are met for each BGA, and creating the highest
possible yield for each reballing job.
- Every device is thoroughly inspected; nothing leaves the floor until each installed
component has been reviewed by our technicians using our Vertex 130KV X-Ray Inspection
- We pride ourselves on repeatability. We document each step of the process to make sure
that every job can be replicated exactly.
- We keep a large staff on hand that can tackle thousands of BGAs and expedite jobs in
extremely tight time frames.
- We also maintain a large inventory of both SnPb and lead-free spheres on hand for quickturn
- Operating five ovens allows us to bake out boards or BGAs before removing or reballing,
fully addressing any moisture issues before work begins.
- Our operation is capable of processing an extremely high volume of BGAs; we’ve reballed
as many as 15,000 in six weeks, thanks to our large team of experienced technicians and a
significant investment in the right equipment.
- We can accept BGAs on tape and reel or in trays.